Late last month, Dr. Frank Smith, author of the first history of the PCA who is currently an RPCNA minister pastoring an inner-city mission church in Atlanta, GA, published Race, Church, and Society, which aims to provide a conservative evangelical perspective on race. Dr. Frank Smith’s views are in line with the views of Dr. Morton H. Smith, whom F&H has previously covered. Moved to write by the absurd events of last summer, he defends the moral permissibility of societal segregation, seeing it as a matter of practical wisdom rather than an issue predetermined by Scripture. Please see below the table of contents and how you can order a copy.
Table of Contents
- Words of Introduction
- Prologue: Ministry to “the least of these”
- Chapter 1: What Is “Race”?
- Chapter 2: The Universal Nature of the Church
— Addendum: The Question of Segregation
- Chapter 3: Are Some People Less Human Than Others?
- Chapter 4: Should We Notice Ethnic Distinctions?
- Chapter 5: Is It Biblical to Judge People Groups?
- Chapter 6: Does God’s Grace Extend to All Peoples?
- Chapter 7: What is the Answer to Racial Conflict?
— Addendum: “Sin” Now Translated as “Systematic Oppression”[Babylon Bee satire]
- Chapter 8: The Audacity of Cross-Cultural Mission
— Addendum: Evangelizing the Native Americans
- Chapter 9: Genuine Koinonia
— Addendum: Worship Music and Ethnicity
- Chapter 10: Being Discerners of the Times
— Addendum: Drivin’ Old Dixie Down
- Chapter 11: Do Black Lives Matter?
— Addendum: Planned Parenthood and Black Lives Matter [Babylon Bee satire]
- Chapter 12: The Danger of Social Justice Warriorship
— Addendum: The (In)Justice System
— Addendum: Reparations?
- Chapter 13: Conclusion
- Epilogue: Christ’s Dominion Over the Bluff
- About the Author
- $14.99 + $4.00 shipping
- For 2-4 copies, $12.99/copy
- For 5-9 copies, $11.99/copy
- For 10 or more, $10.99/copy
- $3.00 shipping/copy
- Send check or money order to:
Presbyterian Scholars Press
5830 Millstone Drive
Cumming, Georgia 30028
- CashApp: $HopeMills76
If you have further questions, please contact Dr. Frank Smith at [email protected]